Omni Learning Center considers in-person education an essential activity. For that reason, we are doing what we can to offer our services to the homeschool community while protecting your health and safety. According to the California Department of Public Health COVID-19 safety guidelines for Day Care and Day Camp, Omni Learning Center has implemented the following:
What Omni Learning Center is doing to try and keep you healthy.
- Class size has been reduced to allow for adequate distance between students and teacher
- Symptom checks are being conducted before students may enter the work space
- Classes will be held in facilities designed to allow for healthy air-flow
- Common areas and high contact surfaces are being disinfected frequently
- Hand sanitizer effective against COVID-19 will be available to all students when entering and exiting the facility
- Soap and water will be available for hand washing, as necessary
- Copies of this protocol will be distributed to all families registered for Omni Learning Center classes
- Guidelines and protocol will be posted at the entrance to our facility
What we ask of you to try and keep you healthy.
- Screen yourself, your household, and your student for COVID-19 symptoms prior to coming to class (see below)
- Do NOT come to class if you or anyone in your immediate family has recently had COVID-19 symptoms
- Maintain a minimum distance from classmates as prescribed by the CDC, if possible
- Sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue or, if not available, into your elbow
- Only students will be allowed to enter the facility
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact
- Use the bathroom before coming to class to decrease the use of the facility
- The wearing of face masks will be in accordance with then-current CDC guidelines.
How to screen yourself for symptoms.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Please, do not come to class if your household, or anyone that your student has come into contact with, has experienced these symptoms.
What is Omni Learning Center’s Policy on Covid Vaccinations?
During the past several weeks, some parents have approached us asking, “What is Omni Learning Center’s position on how best to deal with the Covid pandemic?”
At Omni, we will always follow the law, but we also respect the opinion of everyone in our Omni family. We cannot – and we do not – presume to dictate policy to anyone. Our primary concern is – and must always be – the safety of our children. While we also realize that a child possessed of a strong immune system, may suffer only a mild case of Covid, similar to a cold or the flu, if that same child comes into contact with an older adult, the results have been – and can still be – tragic.
Therefore, our policy is that every family must, in the end, decide for themselves the best course of action for them to take. The Golden Rule, which was first stated around 550 B.C., is that each individual has a right to just treatment, and a reciprocal responsibility to ensure justice for others.